Sweetening up a heartfelt holiday

Final day to send Cupid Grams for Valentine’s Day
Photo by LZHS Student Council
Above is all necessary information on how to send a CupidGram. CupidGrams are a quick and easy way to show our love and appreciation for the people in our lives on Valentine’s Day.

Show someone how bear-y special they are this Valentine’s Day through the Student Council’s annual Cupid Gram fundraiser.

A CupidGram consists of a personalized note and a wrapped-up, sweet chocolatey surprise for students to send to a recipient of their choice for the price of $3. 

“Anybody can buy CupidGrams: teachers, students, or faculty. Usually, CupidGrams are meant to be sent to students, but we will also deliver [CupidGrams] to the teachers, if [requested],” Morgan Krieter, senior and Student Council executive board member, said.

To send CupidGrams, students must go to the school cafeteria during their lunch period, and fill out a note to send with their chocolate. Students will be required to give the name of the recipient, and the period and classroom in which they want it delivered.

“Then on delivery day—let’s say [the sender] chose third period physics— a Student Council member is going to be wearing these fun, cute headbands and wings [to be like] Cupid. They’re going to show up to your third period physics class, and probably either hand [the CupidGram] to the teacher or to [the recipient],” Dennis Szczech, junior and Student Council executive board member, said. 

All proceeds will go to the Student Council to fund school events, like the spring assembly, homecoming, and more. Tuesday, February 13, will be the last day for students to purchase a CupidGram, and it will be delivered on Valentine’s Day.

However, there is more to CupidGrams than simply fundraising; it is also a way for students to create connections with those around them. 

“It’s a fun note that you get to send to your friend if you want to show your friend that you appreciate them, or you could send one [to make them laugh],” Szczech said. “You could send someone a heartfelt note. That’s always an option, too.”