“Bieber Fever” needs to end

Obnoxious, disturbing, and off-the-rail can perfectly describe Justin Bieber’s behavior in the past year and a half. If ‘Beliebers’ love their Justin oh-so-much, then they need to support him to get help and not allow him to continually make bad decisions and be a potential threat to someone’s safety.

From peeing into buckets, getting into altercations, and now a DUI it seems Bieber is mentally falling apart. On January 23, the once tween pop sensation quickly put his new found bad-boy image on an even higher display when he got arrested in Miami. According to CNN, Bieber was driving a yellow Lamborghini at 55 to 60 mph in a 30 mph zone. He did not cooperate with the officer’s instructions, leading him to get pressed with more charges and giving the public a mug shot of him happily smirking…the stamp of approval of a star hitting rock bottom.

“He doesn’t have any boundaries, rules or restrictions, and he’s not even born in the United States,” D.J. Postilion, junior said.

Stars falling from grace are not an uncommon event in the young Hollywood scene. Being stalked by paparazzi photographers and being locked up in their own home must get tiring, but their behavior leaves the public questioning where the sanity is. From Britney Spears to Lindsay Lohan to Amanda Bynes and now Bieber each has lost his or herself in the public eye. Each of their careers has taken a hard left turn defaming their image.

No, Bieber is not a parent, nor should he be responsible for anyone’s kid, but he should keep in mind the fact that he has a young and impressionable fan base that support him no matter what. When photos surfaced of him smoking marijuana, his fans decided to the ‘cut-for-Bieber’ trend, where fans would inflict pain on themselves to protest him to stop smoking.

Now with his bad-boy image, teens may see it as a green light to act recklessly without consequences because he has gotten away with his behavior in the past. It is understandable that a celebrity would want to change their public image. When stars jump into the public eye their image from the start of their career can create an everlasting impression of who they are. In 2009 Bieber was the teen heart throb to many teenaged girls. He was clean, cute, and innocent. But as he grew older, so did his image, going from pretty boy to bad boy in a matter of years. This transition is a clear trend with child stars such as Miley Cyrus. From sequenced dresses and fun Disney songs, too short dyed hair and smaller than bikini outfits it is clear she had steered away from her Hannah Montana. The difference between Cyrus and Bieber is that although her questionable behavior is scandalous and edgy she is not a possible threat to another person’s safety.

Despite his reckless behavior Bieber can reclaim his fame. He will have to put himself first reevaluate his music career and be surrounded by positive people. But his ‘Beliebers’ need to tell him to do so instead of continually allowing him go down a bad road and making mistakes.