Katy Perry’s roar is loud and clear after the release of her new hit “ROAR”

Katy Perry released her first single and video from her forthcoming new album, PRISM. “ROAR” is a fun and motivating song that is accompanied with an intriguing music video.

“ROAR” shows Perry as a jungle goddess who gets rid of her man, who was holding her back, and becomes one with the animals and jungle around her. The song has a deeper meaning of inner strength and power represented by Perry having ‘the eye of the tiger.’

This is Perry’s first release since her Grammy-nominated Teenage Dream album, which contained the number one hits “California Girls,” “Teenage Dream,” “Firework,” “E.T.,” “Last Friday Night,” and “Part of Me.” “ROAR” debuted at number one on the Hot 100 list, making it her 8th single to top the Hot 100 list, and the song sold 557,024 downloads in its first week of release achieving the biggest Digital Song sales week of 2013 to date, according to Moxie’s website.

“ROAR” is a great way for Perry to introduce her new album and is a hit shown by the public’s reaction. Hopefully the rest of Perry’s album will be able to match the standard Perry has already set with the release of “ROAR.”