Girls’ football to begin today

Girls’ football, also known as ‘Powderpuff football’, will begin their practices today, Monday, September 23.

Every junior and senior girl is allowed to participate as long as they have attended the informational meeting last Thursday and have turned in their forms to Chris Bennett, Student Council sponsor.

There are three practices for both grade levels participating, juniors and seniors. In order to play in the Powderpuff game, players must be in attendance to at least two of the three practices, with the exception of school functions.

The practices for junior girls are September 23, September 25, and September 30 from 6:30PM to 8PM. The junior Powderpuff game will be held on Wednesday, October 2 at 7PM at Mel Eide Field.

The practices for senior girls are September 23, September 25, and September 30 from 8PM to 9:30PM. The senior Powderpuff game will be held on Wednesday, October 2 at 8:15PM at Mel Eide Field.

Girls’ football is one of the many activities during Homecoming week that lead up to the Homecoming football game.

“My favorite part [of Powerpuff] is how it makes all the girls come together, it doesn’t matter what clique you’re from,” Allie Heinrich, senior, said. “This year, I’m looking forward to the rivalry between the two teams. The girls all get really competitive, making the game so much more fun.”

For more information about girls’ football, contact Chris Bennett, who is in charge of this activity.