Fans stay true with Rucker’s new album: True Believers

Darius Rucker released his new album, True Believers, on May 17, keeping his fan base true to his music.

In True Believers, listeners can hear Rucker’s honest emotion and his country roots. Songs like “Wagon Wheel” and “Radio” are very upbeat and about loving life, adding to the album’s overall hopeful and joyful theme.

Another great hit in the new album, True Believers tells a story about hope and pushing through the struggles in life, giving off a very patriotic feel.

The fact that Rucker is breaking through stereotype, and becoming a very popular and talented African American country artist is fantastic. He is definitely leaving his footprint in Nashville.

Although the album has some very soothing and nice songs, towards the end of the album some of his music becomes repetitive and slow. For example, “Heartbreak Road” sounds very similar to many love songs and is nothing special. As well, “Your Cheatin’ Heart” is very slow and the rhythm does not flow with the rest of Rucker’s album.

Overall, True Believers is a great album and very refreshing and different than his past albums. This is music listeners can believe in.