A low point for girls’ basketball

The girls’ basketball team lost 39 to 28 against Libertyville at home at 7 pm on Wednesday.

During the first quarter, Sarah Stefaniu, senior, scored all five points, while Libertyville Wildcats scored ten gaining the lead.

Libertyville continued to hold onto to the lead, 17 to 14, in the second quarter. A majority of the time the Bears were on defense committing fouls that Libertyville converted into points.

As the third quarter closed, the Bears were only able to score three points. Libertyville had an organized defense, and the Bears’ shots continually bounced off the rim, losing potential points.

The Libertyville Wildcats continued to increase the score as the game progressed and the Bears struggled to defend their basket against the dynamic passing team.

The Wildcats wrapped up the game 39 to 28, taking home the win. Stefaniu admitted the turnovers cost them the game.

“We played very frantic tonight and turned over the ball too much,” Stefaniu said. “We were within reach for essentially the whole game, but our miscues and turnovers ended up costing us the game. We will continue to work hard at practice to prepare for our next game this Friday night.”