Bears win at Libertyville 31-6

The game may have started with fireworks, but on the field the Bears got a slow start. After a rocky first quarter, the Bears pushed forward to win 31-6 over the Libertyville Wildcats.

The first quarter held three yards and no first downs for the Bears

offense, while the defense kept the Wildcats from scoring. A big play by Mike Shield, senior linebacker, on the Bears own four yard line led to a turnover that gave Lake Zurich a momentum boost.

The Bears scored 17 unanswered points in the second quarter, and the Wildcats managed six points in the third quarter, in an attempt to close the gap. Major contributors to the defensive effort were players senior Jack Lynn, linebacker, and Shield.  Lynn and Shield also contributed to the offense with a touchdown apiece.
Turnovers were essential later in the game as well, with Libertyville giving up possession three times, once only a play after the Bears had fumbled the ball.

Special teams also contributed with a field goal and numerous solid punt returns.

The Lake Zurich student section, decked out in Cowboy and Native American apparel, outnumbered that of Libertyville’s student section and cheered relentlessly for their team.

This win continues a four game winning streak and brings the Bears to 5-1 overall and 3-0 in conference.

[nggallery id=16]