Bears top Lakes 28-0

Bears+top+Lakes+28-0+

Bears fans packed Mel Eide field for 80’s night last night to watch Lake Zurich take on Lakes Community High School. Lake Zurich won over Lakes in a 28-0 shutout.

The Bears started off strong with 353 total yards in the first half. Lakes only showed for 59. In just his second game back off an ankle injury, Zach Till, senior, threw for 127 yards and ran for 67 on 16 carries. John Orlando, senior, had a great night, with 6 catches covering 134 receiving yards including a 54 yard toss for a touchdown in the second quarter.

Another key contributor to the night was Mike Shield, senior, with 125 yards on 16 carries- the senior found the end-zone twice in the first quarter. LZHS finished off the half with a quick 19 yard pass to Mike Rantis, senior.

The half ended with the Bears in a 28-0 lead over Lakes. The score did not change for the rest of the night.

The Bears defense played an aggressive game, with a few key players like Jack Lynn, senior, Sean Lynch, sophomore, and Will Hussey, senior, standing out.

Overall the team looked to be in good shape. While better off than the previous three weeks, LZ fans should hope to see the same effort next Friday when the Bears (3-1) will go head to head at Mundelein High School (0-4).

[nggallery id=11]