Students must follow school rules at Prom

While students may be excited about Prom coming up this Saturday, May 17, they might not be thinking about the rules they are expected to follow at the dance.

“All school rules apply, even at Prom,” Amy Faith, English teacher, said. “Even though we’re at the Westin Hotel, it’s all the same school rules, like any regular day. You can’t wear hats or sunglasses; you can’t have substances on you or have done them beforehand.”

Not only should students be dressed appropriately with no suspicious items or liquids, students are also expected to arrive at the high school on time.

“The reception starts at 5:15pm (and goes until 6pm),” Janina Moser, student on junior class board, said. “Try to be there in the middle so you have time to get your tickets and to be comfortable so you’re not running in at the last minute.”

The buses that are taking all students to Prom leave the high school at a set time.

“The buses are leaving at 6pm,” Moser said. “You can’t take a separate car; you have to be on the bus, otherwise, you can’t go to Prom and tickets are non-refundable.”

In certain situations, such as an emergency, transportation other than the school buses can be used.

“You have to ride the bus to and from Prom,” Faith said. “Unless there’s an emergency and we have to call your parents to come get you.”