Prom tickets on sale this week

Junior class board will be selling Prom tickets from April 25 until April 29 in the cafeteria during all lunch periods.

“Students should attend Prom because we have a beautiful venue this year (The Westin in Wheeling) and it’s a great chance to dress up and be with your friends,” Kasia Konsor, junior class board member, said.

The theme for Prom this year is “Midnight in the Mediterranean: Destination Greece.”  The dance will be held on Saturday, May 17 at The Westin Chicago North Shore hotel.

Konsor said the only change being made to the dance this year is the seating arrangement.

“This year, instead of assigned seats, there will be open seating,” Konsor said. “This means that when you arrive at the venue, you are free to sit at whichever table you please. What’s important is that you purchase tickets with your group so you can all be on the bus at the same time. That way, when you get to the venue, you get off the bus with your group and enter the ballroom with your group so you can all sit together or at least close.”

Several other schools in the area do open seating and it works out well, according to Konsor.

If you have food allergies and/ or are vegetarian, please inform ticket sellers when you purchase tickets in order to have other accommodations for dinner.

For other information about Prom or to see the dinner menu, visit LZHS’ website.