British indie rock singer Jake Bugg plays Chicago this weekend

If you are looking for plans for the weekend, consider some great live music. Jake Bugg, indie rock singer, is performing this Saturday, January 18, at the Riviera Theatre in Chicago.

Bugg’s self titled album, Jake Bugg, released October 2012, reached number one in the UK. The album was not as popular in the US and only peaked at 75, according to Billboard’s website. Bugg’s second album, Shangri La, was released November 2013. That album peaked at 46 in the US.

Shangri La was originally scheduled to come out January 14, 2014, but following a sold out tour in the United States, the release was rescheduled to November 19, 2013, according to Contactmusic.com.

Bugg’s second album features a fuller sound than the first. More guitar parts and heavier drums give this album more of a rock sound, compared with the folk rock sound of the first album. The first single of this album, “What Doesn’t Kill You” showcases the turn toward rock, with prominent electric guitars and harsh vocals.

As of press time, there are still tickets available through the Riviera Theatre’s website. Tickets are $25. The band Albert Hammond Jr. and The Skins is opening at 8pm.