LZHS financial aid night in PAC tonight

LZHS will have a financial aid night for any students and their parents interested in financial support for their future in college tonight from 7pm-9pm in the Performing Arts Center.

“A lot of it has to do with [a student’s] financial need and family income,” Carl Krause, College and Career Counselor, said. “Financial aid can be free money or loans from the government, state or federal.”

Krause set up the event but an Assistant Director of Financial Aid from Lake Forest College runs the presentation explaining how students can get financial aid.

Other factors for financial aid include if a students has a single or divorced parent and how expensive the college is. As parents will often pay for all or part of their child’s tuition, Krause recommends students attend with their parents.

“It’s definitely for parents and students,” Krause said. “It’s almost more for the parents because they usually get the role of paying for college.”

The Financial Aid Night only occurs once a year, with around a couple hundred students attending, according to Krause. He advocates that students come to the presentation.

“Anyone going to college is going to want to know about financial aid [and] odds are students are going to pay for some of college,” Krause said. “It’s worthwhile.”