LZHS has a new Book Club

Grab an enjoyable book, sit down, and join the Book Club. This club welcomes all students and is an opportunity for students to read something interesting and discuss with others, Emily Coklan, Library Media Specialist, said.

The club is diverse and has students of all ages with different interests, Coklan said. The club is planning on assigning a book for each month and meeting two times a month to talk about the book. The first book is Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chobsky.

“At our first meeting we talked about ideas and books and wrote them down on Post-its to put on the board. We narrowed them down to the top five and put up a poll on the Google Drive for the students to choose which book we will read first,” Coklan said. “This is a club where the students have complete control of what they can read and talk about, and it’s an opportunity to read something interesting.”

As for the meetings, students can join the club whenever they want and participate when they have the time, Coklan said.

“Anyone can attend whenever they want,” Coklan said. “If you participate in the fall when you do not have any sports, but stop coming when your sport starts in the spring, that is fine. But I am expecting we will keep the number of members up because we have a good chunk of students who enjoy reading outside of school.”