Mandatory girls’ football meeting will be held tomorrow

Senior and junior girls who want to play in the annual Homecoming girls’ football game, sponsored by Student Council, must go to the informational meeting on Wednesday, September 18 at 7:30am in the PAC.  It will include information about the rules regarding participation.

“Girls’ football has always been many students’ favorite part of Homecoming Week,” Bennett said.  “It’s a chance for the girls to go out and participate in a football practice, coached by the football players, and then play a game under the lights of Mel Eide Field in front of a big crowd.  We traditionally draw between 1,000 to 1,500 fans.”

According to Chis Bennett, student council sponsor, the requirements for playing are attending the meeting, getting a parent permission slip signed, attending two out of three practices, and wearing a Homecoming T-Shirt during the game.

If an interested student cannot attend, she must contact Bennett in B109 before the meeting. The games will be played on October 2. The junior game is at 7 and the senior game is at 8.  Admission is $5, with a special deal for families entering the game together of $10, according to Bennett.