Lake Zurich recognized in Gravity trailer

Sandra Bullock mentioned Lake Zurich as her hometown in her new movie Gravity. Students were abuzz last Thursday, September 5, when the news went viral that Bullock mentioned Lake Zurich as her hometown in the Warner Brothers Youtube trailer.

The movie focuses on the journey of two astronauts, portrayed by George Clooney and Sandra Bullock, as they try to navigate their way back to Earth from their damaged space shuttle.

While Bullock is in space, Clooney’s character asks her, “Where’s home?” to which she replies “Lake Zurich, Illinois.”

Students began to discover the news primarily through social media websites such as Facebook and Twitter. They began to explore the ways Lake Zurichs’ newfound fame could be applied to boost school spirit.

“Football’s walkout should start with the scene from Gravity ‘Where’s home? Lake Zurich, Illinois’ and then go into sick music,” Andy Tom, senior, tweeted.

Tom said it was Robbie Nemec’s idea, but he posted it to spread the idea because Nemec does not have a Twitter.

“I’ll see the movie, and not just for the Lake Zurich line,” Tom said.

View Comments (1)
Laura Messerschmidt, Features Editor
Laura is in Student Council

• P

Patricia(Zipp) MeyerJan 29, 2023 at 3:38 pm

I was raised in Lake Zurich from1964 to 1983 when we moved to Ohio, In fact my dad was a Policemen and then Police Chief until 1983. So it was real neat to hear Lake Zurich in the movie!!!!!

Reply