LZHS increases homecoming dance prices

The school administrators has increased Homecoming prices from $10 to $15 dollars for tickets bought beforehand, and prices at the door from twenty dollars to thirty dollars.

Senior class board worked together with administrators to decide the new ticket prices. Jennifer Hawkins, senior class board sponsor and science teacher, said the price change was primarily to increase security at homecoming.

“[The administration and senior class board] were primarily looking to increase Homecoming security,” Hawkins said. “Homecoming has the largest attendance rate, and that is why we are trying to limit at the door sales.”

The names of students who buy at the door are not recorded because it would take too long to get the students into the dance, according to Hawkins. The administration has tried recording people who pay at the door, but they could not get people through the door fast enough. 

“More people buy ahead, but a lot of people buy at the door,” Hawkins said. “And the lines are long, so we do not record who comes buys at the door.”

Another reason for the change in prices is because of the rising prices in other areas, according to Hawkins.

“[Homecoming] isn’t just a fundraiser for itself,” Hawkins said. “It also fundraises for the senior class gift and senior breakfast.”