Three students; one similarity and an infinite amount of differences

Kyle+Grenier+%28left%29%2C+Olivia+Grenier+%28middle%29%2C+and+Steven+Grenier+%28right%29%2C+are+senior+triplets.+While+they+are+siblings%2C+these+three+students+could+not+be+more+different.+
Kyle Grenier (left), Olivia Grenier (middle), and Steven Grenier (right), are senior triplets. While they are siblings, these three students could not be more different.

Photo use with persmission by Steven Grenier

Chloe Faris, Co-Spotlight editor

Different friends, different styles, different hobbies? You would be surprised that these three high schoolers all share one common identity – they are triplets.

Olivia, Steven, and Kyle Grenier are senior triplets, and despite their birthdays and parents, this set of siblings have many differences.

“We have so many different interests; we are not the same at all,” Olivia said. “I don’t think we look alike, [and] our hobbies are totally different. I want to be an English major [because] I am really passionate about writing. Steven’s passion is sports, [mainly] volleyball. Kyle is crazy smart [and] really into computers, so that is his interest. None of us have the same interests. We have always been completely different.”

Although they are involved in different classes and activities, the siblings sometimes feel competitive, especially when it comes to colleges.

“When I pictured myself going to college, I pictured us going to different ones. I would want the college to myself,” Olivia said. “A part [of] having siblings is growing up with them your whole teenage life time, but college gives me the opportunity to break apart and see what it would be like to live alone and be self reliant.”

Because none of the triplets plan to go to the same school, there will be a distance they never have experienced.

“I’m definitely going to miss my brother and my sister,” Kyle said. “In college we are all starting what we want to do as a career. I think that will be a motivation to work hard and during breaks when we all see each other I think it will be fun to tell each other, all our different experiences.”

While the Grenier siblings are very different, they still share a close bond with each other.
“Overall it’s a really great experience because all being the same age we help each other out,” Steven said. “We all have each other’s back constantly, it’s a solid relationship.”

Helping each other with social support, advice, and homework, these siblings can depend on each other because of their growing relationship.

“I think if anything we have all grown closer to each other,” Kyle said. “We all started to find out what we are interested in and all kind of became our own people. I think we all have our own unique traits to be proud of and I think because of those traits we can be supportive of each other.”

Chloe Faris, Magazine Editor-in-Chief

Along with being Editor-in-Chief of the Bear Facts magazine, Chloe is involved with Yearbook, Student Leadership, Student Council, SNAP, and Interact. She is also an Integrated PE leader. In Chloe’s free time she loves to spend time with her friends and family.

1 Comment

One Response to “Three students; one similarity and an infinite amount of differences”

1. Coleen Grenier on January 22nd, 2018 10:51 pm

Thank you so much Cloe and LZHS!
    It’s been a great ride. It’ll be very quiet soon in the Grenier household. Sad and happy all at the same time.
    Wish all the entire senior class all the best!

• Three students; one similarity and an infinite amount of differences

A step back

What’s in your bag?

Taste of new cultures: exploring the world right in LZ

Pre-game

Homecoming hangup

Walking through the decades

Where to go for Hoco: places to shop at for homecoming dresses

Cover

Like no other

Cover

Three’s not a crowd

Cover

Breaking boundaries