New LZHS principal selected

Nightlinger was introduced as the new LZHS principal at the recent School Board meeting.

Angelica LaVito, Editor-in-Chief

Kent Nightlinger, Associate Principal of Operations at Rolling Meadows High School, was named the successor to current principal Kim Kolze at the Board of Education meeting on Thursday, February 14.

The search for a new principal began last fall when Kolze announced she would retire after the 2012-2013 school year. Nightlinger was chosen from a pool of 40 candidates, said Michael Egan, District Superintendent.

The 2013-2014 school year will not be Nightlinger’s first taste of District 95. Nightlinger worked as an assistant principal at LZHS for three years before moving to Rolling Meadows.  Overall, Nightlinger has accumulated 20 years of experience as an administrator.

“I’m happy with knowing what a great place [LZHS] is and I’m excited to come back to a place that I really enjoyed,” Nightlinger said.

The Board noted his experience as a decisive factor in his approval, as well as his involvement with the technology initiative at Rolling Meadows, where the student to iPad ratio is one to one.  Before Nightlinger makes any major changes at LZHS, he wants to reacquaint himself with the school, students, and faculty.

“Any time you come to a new place, you need to listen, look, and analyze what happens before you make large changes,” Nightlinger said.  “My goal is to connect; meet the students, staff, parents, and see what everyone thinks about continuing to improve the already great things that are happening [at LZHS].”