Turnabout decorations add sparkle to the cafeteria

Students eating or talking in the cafeteria may have noticed it seems a bit more sparkly than usual. It is all thanks to the work of about sixty students from student council, who met at the school on Monday to transform the cafeteria into this year’s Fire and Ice theme.

“When we talked about Fire and Ice, I think it’s not a very typical dance theme because when you think of fire and ice, no decorations instantly come to mind,” Krystyna Keena, student council member and committee chair of Turnabout cafeteria decorations, said. “When we were brainstorming, we realized both things were both kind of sparkly…so our idea was to make it shiny and kind of sparkly to add interest to the theme.”

Upon arriving, the students split into different groups, with each group working on a different section of the cafeteria. The students worked for two and a half hours to complete the transformation.

Sparkles and glitter can be seen all around the cafeteria, from the streamers and sparkly painted wiffle balls hanging from the ceiling, to the flames on the walls. Even the student council members couldn’t escape the sparkles.

“I have been covered in glitter. It has been in my hair, on my clothes, I found it in my pocket this morning,” Keena said. “But it was worth it because I think the cafeteria decorations turned out really nice.”