The boys are back: Backstreet Boys and *NSYNC are making a comeback

Yes, all the gossip is true. The 90s teenage heartthrob boy bands, Backstreet Boys and *NSYNC, have finally made their returns.

The Backstreet Boys have recently started their “In a World Like This” tour and are continuing to tour around different countries today. *NSYNC, however, has no current plans to go on tour. They made their return more of a ‘one-time reunion’ at the MTV Video Music Awards (VMAs).

Chris Kirkpatrick, former member of *NSYNC, was interviewed about the band getting back together for a tour after their performance together at the VMAs on August 25. He stated that it was all the idea of bands’ most famous member, Justin Timberlake.

“He asked if we’d be interested in coming out and performing with him. [The plan was to make a surprise performance at the VMAs] for Justin to get the Video Vanguard Award,” Kirkpatrick said in his interview with 106.7 FM.

Although some girls and boys may have gotten their hopes up too high for comeback from *NSYNC that did not end up happening, they are still wound up about the Backstreet Boys’ return.

“I think that *NSYNC not making an actual return as a band is sad, but at least they had their moment of fame and will always be remembered as a fun boy band of the 90s,” Courtney Russ, junior, said. “I’m still excited about the Backstreet Boys tour.”

Not only do teenage girls enjoy the Backstreet Boys, but adults do, as well.

“I used to love the Backstreet Boys,” Lourdes Morales, adult Backstreet Boys’ fan, said. “I still listen to and enjoy their music when it plays on my iPod.”

Although these 90s boy bands may be seen as ‘old’ or ‘faded out’ to certain people, they are still loved, according to many.

“I still like both *NSYNC and Backstreet Boys because they are original,” Melanie Pelczynski, junior, said. “I think that the boys’ comeback is good, and it will attract a big crowd because it brings back their old fans and attracts new ones as well.”

The Backstreet Boys’ comeback tour around the United States ended September 8. Fortunately for fans across the globe, they are continuing with a world tour.

“If the boys come back to Chicago, I will actually try to get tickets for their concert,” Russ said. “I think it would be an amazing concert.”

I1_Entertainment_SP_BoyBands_Microphone_traced