On his way to Neverland

With daily practices, the members of the drama department are in the process of perfecting their talents in the stage version of Peter Pan.

This is a Children’s Theater production, and the show will be held on January 31, February 1, and 2, 2014.

Caitlyn Bertrand, freshman, plays an indian in the play and says that the show is “darker than the Disney movie, but more kid friendly because of the songs.”

“It’s almost extremely difficult to get out of childhood without hearing about Peter Pan,” Marcel Graham, Performing Arts coordinator and director of the show, said. “Peter Pan is a classic children’s tale. It’s children’s theater magic.”

The musical focuses on the story of Peter Pan, with songs from the stage musical. The plotline of the musical was not changed.

“We are still in the middle of the rehearsal process, but we don’t have to change much,” Graham said. “I like words that have been written and tested and that work well.”

Pulling together such a big production is an “extremely short process.” Actors and producers only have 38 rehearsal days. A show like this would usually take three months, but they really only have about a month this year, according to Graham.

“The audition process for this particular show was pretty hectic,” Graham said. “For this show, the kids were asked to choose sixteen bars of a song that they liked or can sing well. They were also asked to prepare a two minute monologue in case they got called back.”

Roles impact their practice times and lengths, according to Amy Holtschult, junior cast as Peter Pan.

“We have practice usually everyday,” Holtschult, said. “Practice lengths usually vary. They’re usually only a couple of hours, but it dep