Justin Timberlake releases new album, The 20/20 Experience

Justin Timberlake may be back, but he is not bringing sexy back in his new album, The 20/20 Experience.

The album, available on iTunes March 19, is Timberlake’s first album in seven years. He has gone down a new path as a solo artist, but his music is not helping him stand out.

Some of the most popular and star songs of the album, “Mirror” and “Suit and tie,” sound like background music in a retail store. Both songs sound like jazzed up elevator music, where Timberlake shows off his high-pitched voice.

It seems as if Timberlake is trying to add a twist to his old career in pop music, but fails at making his songs stand out. He makes it difficult to differentiate between each song, as the album becomes a blur of free flowing and repetitive music.

Songs like “That Girl” attempt a romantic feel, but are confusing and sound like slow pop music. This music is much different than his past albums and is close, but not close enough, to be considered radio worthy or worthy of purchase.

Timberlake should stick with what he had before in his pop career, and veer back into the top ratings he used to achieve. Hopefully after The 20/20 Experience, Timberlake will get his sexy back.