Stevenson ends LZ girls’ basketball season

Stevenson+ends+LZ+girls+basketball+season+

The girls’ varsity team lost in the regional championship game last night against the fourth seed Stevenson at home. The Bears (5) got off to a slow start and were unable to seize hold of the game, walking off the court down 4-10 at the end of the first. After that, the game turned into a blur as Stevenson shot forward to a 29-13 lead at the half.

Despite valiant senior efforts from Dori Darras, who raked in nine points, Cathryne Spear who went for twelve points and ten rebounds, and Katherine Anderson who brought in four, the team was unable to respond to Stevenson’s offense which shot 60 percent from the floor.

As the clock reached the final moments and the starters were subbed out, emotions ran high as the realization of an ending career sank in.

“You know, it would be one thing if we came out and didn’t give it our best tonight,” Anderson told the Daily Herald. “But we did. I’m so proud of all my teammates, because if we had to lose, I’m glad it was to a team like Stevenson who really worked hard and earned it tonight. They deserve it. But we have nothing to be ashamed of because we had a great season and gave it everything we had.”