Almost Maine cast endures through tech week

Two weeks of constant practice with its sole purpose being to put all the hard work put forth the past months together and perfecting each piece of it.  Before every production created at LZHS, the cast and crew go through two long weeks of gluing everything together, something they call ‘tech week.’

These past two weeks are the final weeks of practice before taking the stage in front of friends and family.  Tech week is all about putting all the separate parts of the production-acting, lighting, costumes, and props-together and polishing all the edges.

“So far, I think it is going really well.  There wasn’t a lot we needed to fix and change,”  Amy Holtschult, junior playing Rhonda, said.  “We just needed to get used to working with everything, and we successfully made everything flow together well.”

As in anything, practicing is what makes one great, and everyone involved understands the commitment it takes to continue the reputation LZHS’ drama club holds.  This starts with the amount of time they practice per week: about 20 hours at minimum.

“For tech week, every day is until 7:30pm and begins right after school,” Holtschult said.  “Sometimes it runs longer if scenes need to be worked on specifically.”

The production is premiering this weekend with the opening show on Thursday night, and the excitement is high.

“We are so pumped for this weekend.  It’s going to be great,” Holtschult said.  “It’s really exciting to actually have an audience and to be able to feed off their energy.”