LZHS fashion club to host charity fashion show

A new club at LZHS will be hosting a fashion show Thursday night at 7pm to raise money for Charity Bash.  Tickets are on sale during all lunch periods and will be available at the door.

Fashion Club, currently in its first year, will be running the show, which will allow students to show off their designs, while raising money for the Epilepsy Foundation of Greater Chicago.

“We have a lot of aspiring fashion designers in the club. Some of them make things at home or change thrift shop items into their own things. They wanted a chance to show off what they made, and we wanted to do something different for Charity Bash other than something common, like a bake sale,” Gabriela Wagoner, sophomore and member of Fashion Club, said.

Fashion Club has been selling $5 tickets all week during lunch periods and tickets will also be sold at the doors of the event. In addition to tickets, students will have the opportunity to purchase merchandise made by the members and food.

“We are charging the five dollars for the entry fee, and we will have a short intermission where we’ll be selling snacks. If we get a lot of people to come, it could really add up. [We’re hoping] that if we raise enough money, we can continue to do things like this,” Wagoner said.

In addition to donating money to Charity Bash, some students are also looking forward to the show for the fashion aspect of it.

“By looking at people’s outfits at school, it seems like they’re really good at fashion and know what they’re doing,” Erika Behrel, freshman, said.  “[I really like fashion] because of all of the different things you can create with it. What you wear can really show your personality and who you are as a person.”

The fashion show will give students the opportunity to see what trends are popular at LZHS as well as see students’ work on display.