LZHS assesses cafeteria food

Sodexo, LZHS’s food provider, set up laptops in the cafeteria the week of December 3, 2012, so students could give feedback regarding the cafeteria food.

Students could take the Sodexo Student Satisfaction Survey during their lunch periods in the cafeteria.  The survey asked questions regarding Sodexo’s service and what other types of food students would like to see offered.

“We’re just trying to get an idea of the likes and dislikes and what kids like to eat, like what their favorite things are,” Peggy Freund, Sodexo worker, said.

This survey, like many others Sodexo administers, is company-wide and routine, according to Freund.  They are administering the survey now because if the company decides to make changes to the menu, it has time over winter break to make any necessary changes. 

Since Sodexo was not LZHS’ food provider last year, the company had to take time transitioning in at the beginning of the year and could not to do the survey then, according to Freund, so they are conducting the survey now.   

“I think it will [help] because it’ll give us an idea of what the students’ favorite things are. Some people just fill it out and put weird things like toenails, but I think it’ll help [us],” Freund said.