Orchesis performs this Friday, Saturday in the PAC

The school’s Orchesis Dance Company will be performing this Friday and Saturday at 7pm in the Performing Arts Center in their show “Can’t Stop Dancing.”

The show, which will be emceed by seniors Jenni Gorey and Joey Nolan, features 16 dances of varying styles. Orchesis members are currently preselling tickets for the show. Tickets are $8 for adults and $6 for students and children. Tickets will also be available on show nights for the same price.

“We started practicing over the summer in August,” Heather Gornik, senior and orchesis vice president, said. “We practiced two days a week in the beginning of the year. Then once it got closer to the show, we began practicing Monday through Thursday.”

In addition to dance practices, Orchesis members are involved in coordinating other aspects of the show.

“We have to plan and get all the costumes, cut music, make the program, and find emcees,” Gornik said. “Everyone has worked really hard to put this show together and now we just want to share our passion for dance. It still doesn’t seem real that this is my last Orchesis show. I have made a lot of good memories at Orchesis, and it will be sad having that aspect of my high school years come to an end.”