Boys’ basketball team fundraising for Make-A-Wish

Members of the boys’ basketball team are selling t-shirts that will benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

“We have two Make-A-Wish kids in our community, so we thought it was a really great way to give back. We designed a unique student section shirt, and we’re trying to have students attend one big game so we can sell as many shirts as possible,” Billy Pitcher, varsity boys’ basketball coach, said.

A LZHS alum suggested the idea to Pitcher. The team tries to do philanthropy programs each year, according to Pitcher, and the idea was perfect for the team this year.

Boys on all levels of the basketball were split into teams of three, typically with one freshman, one sophomore, and one varsity player on each team. These teams then work together to sell as many shirts as they can.

“The teams are supposed to work together because the winning team gets prizes, and we’re also having a three on three tournament where the winning team gets one of the top spots,” Shane Nolan, freshman basketball player, said.

The shirts cost $22.99 each. Upon purchase customers need to enter a promo code to indicate which team of three players you are buying from. All proceeds will benefit the foundation.

To view the shirt design or purchase a shirt, visit http://studentsectiontees.com/products/lake-zurich.