New Red Mango opens in Deer Park

Red Mango, a self-serve frozen yogurt and smoothie store opened in Deer Park Town Center November 3. The grand opening will be on December 8 to welcome guests to the new store.

“Red Mango is different from other frozen yogurt places because it is healthier, using all natural ingredients and probiotics, making it healthier than other stores who use artificial colors, and unhealthy toppings,” Tracey Soucy, general manager of Red Mango, said.

Red Mango uses all-natural and low fat ingredients in their products, and offers more healthy toppings compared to other frozen yogurt places.

“Red Mango is unique because it has more than just frozen yogurt and smoothies. It has fruit and yogurt parfaits, frozen coffee, teas, hot chocolate, and a warm welcoming environment, making sure our customers have a good experience,” Soucy said.

Red Mango is intended to be unique and exciting for the customers and to serve the best frozen yogurt, according to Soucy said.

“Red Mango is healthy and delicious. I went to the location in Schaumburg and it was well worth it, but a far drive. Adding a location in Deer Park would bring a lot of business and save the drive for many people,” Jake Malinowski, sophomore, said.

In the past, frozen yogurt lovers would have to travel outside Lake Zurich to get frozen yogurt. The closest locations are Swirl Cup in Lincolnshire and Yogurt Land in Wheeling. Adding a Red Mango in Deer Park Mall brings variety to the shopping center and provides a closer location for customers, Malinowski said.

The inspiration for Red Mango was to provide the public with a modern and low fat yogurt place. The store’s name comes from the idea that when mangos get red, it means they are the ripest, and that is when they are most tasteful and nutritious. Picking the name Red Mango is to show the commitment to using all natural ingredients, according to Red Mango’s website.

“With award winning frozen yogurt,” Soucy said. “Everyone should be able to have a fun and tasteful experience.”