Alumni Charity show held in PAC

There will be a charity concert on December 20 in the PAC in honor of Billy Misik, 2003 graduate who passed away from cancer in 2006.

The show will be held in the PAC on December 20 and will showcase LZHS graduates. Admission is $5 plus one non-perishable food item, which will be donated to the St. Francis food pantry. All of the money raised will go towards children’s charities.

Misik struggled with brain cancer and passed away at the age 21. He starred in leading roles for the spring musicals all four years of his high school career. Many people will remember his portrayal of “Jack” in Into the Woods, “Petruccio” in Kiss Me Kate, “Riff” in West Side Story and singing and dancing as the incredible “Billy Flynn” in Chicago, according to the Chicago Tribune website. His love for music is the reason why the alumni are hosting a charity concert in honor of him, Aubyn Scolnick, 2002 graduate and an alumni in charge of the show, said.

Performers in the show are LZHS Alumni. The performers are: Aubyn Scolnick, Glenn Eek, and Danny Casady, members of Farraday;  Matt Stevens’ band Emblems; and performers Dave Green, Patrick Kilbride, Stephanie Kopplin, Aly Jados, Anthony Sebastiano, Andy Dreyer, Jacque Kress, Sarah Lloyd, Laura Williams, Nora Euker, Billy Nixon, and Drew Littell. All of these performers have succeeded in pursing music as their careers, Scolnick said. The performers will also be giving away free CDs featuring music recorded by some of the acts.

“We hope for a big crowd.” Scolnick, said. “The kids are on break and back from college, and we’ve got a lot of talent and it’s also for a great cause. It should be a fun night.”