Changes to Charity Bash

Charity Bash may be two months away, but Student Council is already collecting money for Cystic Fibrosis.
In an effort to surpass last year’s donations, Student Council has decided to collect donations from local companies starting in this month.
“We always go out after to Halloween to ask large companies to donate to Charity Bash,” Megan Marshalla, secretary of Student Council, said. “But we always ask too late and companies never seem to have any charity money left to give. Large brand companies such as Wal-Mart and Kohl’s also mandate that we go through corporate to get donations. We want to get letters out early this year to ask them to give donations for the auctions for Charity Bash.”
In an effort to reach these new fundraising records each year, Student Council strives to create new ideas for Charity Bash. Student Council came up with some of the new ideas while at leadership conferences, while other ideas are introduced from other schools.
“Student Council was thinking about talking to Libertyville about one of their fundraising ideas,” Kimmie Volkman, Student Council District 95 contact chair and junior, said. “At their football games they sell t-shirts to the student body for their Charity Bash. Every year they call it “The Shirt”. We were wondering if we could implement “The Shirt” and sell our version at our football games to raise money for Charity Bash.”
“The Shirt” is not just another Charity Bash shirt that is sold every year. Student Council would sell this shirt to the student body at football games in an effort to start the collection process early.
Apart from the “The Shirt” Student Council has always wanted to make Charity Bash a district event.
“We want to contact different schools like the middle schools, the elementary schools, and we are trying to get St. Francis involved,” Volkman said. “[The middle schools] plan events like the North and South Basketball Game for Charity Bash.”
Student Council feels confident with their choices for Charity Bash and believes the event will continue to grow more successful with every new addition.
“Every year Charity Bash keeps getting better and better,” Amie Hansen, Student Council vice president, said. “Just in the last few years Charity Bash has really taken off, and I believe that it will continue to grow and [the students] will continue to raise more and more for the charity that is being hosted.”