Visions, magic, and signs: ways to predict your future

Although psychic abilities are widely criticized by American society and have never been scientifically supported, many people see psychics for guidance or predictions of the future. If you want to try to predict your own future, here are some methods to do it:

Palm Reading

Originating in ancient Greece, palm reading is a very popular form of fortune telling by analyzing the lines on one’s hands, as well as different thumb positions and other unique hand traits. The hand characteristics are said to be able to reveal certain character traits, future health problems, relationships, and much more about each individual, according to Essortment’s website.

Numerology

Ancient Hebrews were the first ones to use the assignment of numbers to tell the future and describe people’s inner personality traits, according to Serena Powers’ website. There are many ways to use numerology, but all of the methods mainly use single digit numbers from one to nine, except for “master numbers” of 11, 22, 33, 44, and so on up until 99.

Basic Meanings of Numbers

Add up the numbers of your date of birth. For example, someone born on May 22, 1970 would add 5 + (2+2) + (1+9+7+0) = 5+4+8, which makes 17. Since 17 is still two digits, add 1+7, creating the birth number of 8. This shows the numerical influence at birth and reveals your natural characteristics and personality traits, with all of the following definitions according to Serena Powers’ website.

1 The Innovator: These people can be described as egotistical, strong, creative, ambitious, and ruthless. People with this number are leaders or even tyrants.
2 The Integrator: Number twos excel in matters regarding duality or choice. Gentle, sensitive, ambivalent, artistic, and intuitive are all words that describe people with this number. On occasion, they may be deceitful or prone to depression.
3 The Achiever: This number represents the divine triangle of Heaven, Man, and Earth; the Holy Trinity (God, Son, Holy Spirit); and Brahma, Vishnu, and Shiva. Number threes are talented, disciplined, and energetic, but they often like to take control.
4 The Realist: Number fours are represented by worldly objects, orderliness, the four seasons, and the four directions. They are steady, practical, and realistic, but they may seem rebellious and unconventional because they can easily see everything from the opposing point of view.

5 The Communicator: People with this number are energetic, self-indulgence, and quick-thinking, but also quick-tempered. They represent expansion and the five senses.
6 The Peacemaker: Creativity, beauty, harmony, and imagination all represent number sixes. These people are reliable and romantic, but they also hate conflict, so they strive to keep the peace in their houses.
7 The Magician: People with this number are philosophical, spiritual, and intuitive. They are often introverted and original thinkers.
8 The Entrepreneur: Number eights represent worldly success, but they also represent the ups and downs we encounter in life while searching for balance. They are intense, deep, have great willpower, and pride themselves in individuality. These people can also be rebellious and usually keep their feelings hidden under a cold, hard exterior.
9 The Crusader: These people are all about perfection. They are determined, courageous, and active, although they usually must struggle to succeed. Number nines are great humanitarians, but they can be very argumentative.

Personal experience from Jenny Steinberg, BF staff member:

I am someone who deeply believes in the supernatural and the abilities it possesses, and I base certain things in my life around it. I have seen a psychic twice, and each time, the woman said information which was accurate and specific about me and the situation I was in at the time. To some extent, her predictions for my future have also come true.

For each reading, I went to the psychic located in Deerpark and had a full reading, which cost $35, and she would discuss your past, present, and future. The lady was very sweet and accommodating; however, both times I went, she was not at this particular location so I had to wait for her to drive from her other store.

The first thing she does is have you come up with a question in your head that you would like to have answered.

During my first reading, I was going through personal conflicts. The first thing the psychic said to me was, “You have guilt surrounding the death of your grandma.” I had not said anything about myself besides my name and age. She described who I was as a person and talked about the path I will take to resolve my personal problems. She also mentioned how she sees me going to college near the beach, something I have been dreaming of doing since I was little. During this type of reading, she also talked about the type of person I would marry and the life I would have.

In my second reading, about a year later, I was going through different types of relationship issues. I went this time with three of my friends. During this reading, the psychic was able to tell me about the problems involving my friends, boyfriend, and family, again without me giving any indications of them. The types of people she described who would leave my life did end up leaving, and the issues resolved in the way she said they would. However, half of my present and future part did not come true, and I believe it is because I changed my path before it could have happened. If I did not make the decisions I did, what she said probably would have come true. Some of my friends have had their predictions come true.

I have always left the psychic feeling satisfied. I plan on going to another psychic to have a different experience, and I also want to eventually try other different types of readings and see an astrologist. The supernatural intrigues me and never ceases to amaze me.

Another personal experience from BF staff member Sara Pardej:

I always wanted to visit a psychic. I watched shows like Long Island Medium and was just fascinated by the fact that there are people out there who are connected to “the other side.”

My junior year, my friend and I decided to go see one for ourselves. Since we were low on time, we chose to just do a palm reading. At the time, my friend and I believed almost            everything, however, a year after, I am realizing almost nothing came true.

The experience was a cool one, but ultimately it was not helpful. In the end, you should

plan your future, not listen to it by a stranger.