New faculty joins LZHS: Julie Anderson

Julie Anderson is here to help students. Whether the problem be emotional, academic, or social, Anderson has begun her first year in the guidance department at LZHS and is ready to address the needs of the student body.

“I’m a social worker, and there’s competition in that field of work,” Anderson said. “LZHS is an incredible school, so being able to work here, I feel like I’ve won the lottery.”

Anderson previously worked at a therapeutic “last chance” school for kids struggling with academics or psychopathologies like depression and anxiety. Although she has only been employed at LZHS for two months, Anderson is hoping to provide a comfortable environment for students.

“I feel like I connect with teenagers,” Anderson said, “I want to show them there is always someone here who cares.”

Anderson believes LZHS is a school that brings out the best in students. She says she is impressed with the faculty and how they are willing to go above and beyond to help the students.

Anderson believes all districts have students with difficulties, and is thrilled to be working in such a supportive community.

“I love the department and all the people here,” Anderson said, “I’m confident in my abilities and thought I would be a good fit.”

Although LZHS has many positives, Anderson says that social work is never easy and she is up for the challenge. For Anderson, the hard work of maintaining a student body always pays off.

“I think my favorite moments have been working with kids who have struggled in almost every way,” Anderson said. “Seeing them push through the hard times, and then watching them graduate makes me happy.”