Karmin rocks the House of Blues

Karmin filled the House of Blues with their blend of pop and rap on February 9. The band performed old songs as well as ones that are unreleased that had the crowd dancing the whole time.

The opening act for Karmin was an underground rap artist, Bryce Vine. His songs were full of life and humor. When he performed “Thug Song,” the crowd was cheering and laughing along with Vine.

Karmin’s set-list was composed of thirteen songs. They opened with their song “I Want it All,” which established the fun-loving, carefree feel of the night. Right after, they performed their dance hit “Hello.” Amy Renee Heidemann, lead singer of Karmin, rightfully showed off her dynamic voice and rapping ability while her bandmate, Nick Noonan, entertained the crowd with his trombone solos.

Throughout the night, Karmin played songs off their upcoming album, Pulses, which is set to be released in March. The band brought the lyrics to life, and by the end of every song, the audience was singing along.

During two performances, Karmin blended in hit songs so that everyone could jump in and join them. They almost flawlessly blended in “Fish in the Sea” with Macklemore’s “Thrift Shop,” as well as their own “Hate to Love You” with Ellie Goulding’s “Lights.”

Karmin’s talent did not go unappreciated⇀ the crowd called for an encore to which Karmin’s answer was “Yes.” First, they called a fan up on stage to perform their famous YouTube cover of Chris Brown’s “Look at Me Now.” Afterwards, the band performed their first hit “Brokenhearted.” The crowd was jumping, dancing, and singing to every word.

The band put on an eccentric, fun performance. So next time you are looking for a lively concert to watch, check to see if Karmin will be in the area: you will want it all.

IMG_2869IMG_2834 (Medium) IMG_2654 (Medium)IMG_2864 IMG_2866IMG_2859